Village festival canceled for the second year in a row | News – Bakersfield, California

Bakersfield, California 2021-06-08 13:04:00 –

The village festival will be closed for the second year in a row due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

According to the CARE for Kids press release, the decision to cancel the annual event was made due to attendees’ concerns, safety considerations and lack of time to prepare well. I did. The Village Fest board is planning a spectacular comeback in 2022, the press release said.

Village Fest takes place on the first Saturday after Labor Day to raise funds for a local charity that specializes in the needs of children. This long-term fundraising campaign is known for its wealth of food vendors, hundreds of beers, and local music.

Since 1999, the event has donated more than $ 1.2 million to local charities, according to a press release.

According to Jim Ruff, chairman of the nonprofit Children’s Advocate Resource Endowment, the charity will continue to provide grants in 2022 even though the event is canceled. CARE offers grants of up to $ 10,000 throughout the application process. Organizations can continue to apply for grants until October 1, 2021. The group plans to subsidize $ 90,000 from a donation fund by the end of 2022, according to the press release.

CARE will deposit 60% of the annual net income of the Village Fest into a donation account and donate the remaining 40% in the next calendar year, according to the press release.

“Donations are always there for rainy days, and COVID-19 has rained heavily on our community,” Luff said in a press release.

According to Luff, this financial strategy enabled CARE to continue serving children in the community during the pandemic. The organization has more than $ 1 million in donation accounts, Ruff said.

Village festival canceled for the second year in a row | News Source link Village festival canceled for the second time in a row | news

Comments are closed.