Bakersfield, California 2021-05-30 23:00:00 –
Several memorial services in honor of the country’s veterans are planned for today.
• The Rotary Club of Bakersfield Breakfast will be launching the Thousand Flag in the Park at River Walk by Monday afternoon.
Attendees can be invited to the Rotary information booth to hoist a flag to commemorate or commemorate one of the heroes. The flag sponsorship fee is $ 50.
Each year, many pay tribute to the military heroes killed, as well as active and former military personnel and first responders.
• Camp Hamilton, on Lerdo Highway 34999, north of Bakersfield, will host a veteran memorial event on Monday at 2:00 pm. According to the event’s flyer. The ceremony includes a free barbecue lunch, a bender table, a raffle table, a GLOCK 22 Gen5 rifle raffle, a 50/50 raffle, an airsoft range and a bouncy castle. State Senator Shannon Grove will be the guest speaker.
• An indoor church service will be held at the Greenlawn Funeral Home Northeast on Monday at 11:00 AM. Funeral home director Macy McGregor said the event will be smaller than it was a few years ago and will require a mask.
Bakersfield High School ROTC will be giving a flag presentation and Sands of the Revolution will be present with guest of honor speakers. McGregor also said there will be a slideshow of videos and photos showing the newest section of the cemetery for veterans only.
• An annual memorial service with short speeches, rifle volleys and taps will take place in Union Cemetery on Monday at 9 am.
• Hillcrest Memorial Park said the cemetery is open to the public but will not offer Memorial Day services this year.
• The city of Tehachapi has 108 new American flags in the city center, demonstrating their patriotism until Veterans Day.
In addition, Post 221 in the American region of Tehachapi will host a Memorial Day parade starting Monday at 10 a.m. The Parade Route begins on Mulberry Street, runs east along F Street, turns south on Mojave Street, and ends at Central Park. The flag-raising ceremony will be held in Central Park at 11:00 a.m.
• Memorial Day service will be held on Monday at 11:00 AM at Kern River Valley Cemetery in Wofford Heights.
Memorial Day Commemorations Scheduled for Monday | News Source link Memorial Day Commemorations Scheduled for Monday | news