BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KERO) – The Bakersfield City School District posted a letter to its staff on Tuesday, announcing that it plans to return to personal education on March 15. The staff will return on March 10th.
The letter from Superintendent Doc Ervin states: “As the district expects the county to improve its health in accordance with local guidelines, our aim is to further develop our return to school plan so that we can get our staff and students back to life effectively and smoothly be able to transfer them into the classroom. ” . “
However, the letter stressed that BCSD would only return to personal education “when it is safe to do so”.
The plan is as follows:
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021 – All self-contained employees return to the construction site
- Monday, March 15, 2021 – Personal lessons begin *
- Wednesday, March 17, 2021 – All PK-2 employees are returning to the construction site
- Monday, March 22, 2021 – Personal Lessons Begin – Grade PK-2
- Friday, March 19, 2021 – All 3-6 employees return to the construction site
- Wednesday, March 24, 2021 – Personal Lessons Begin – Grades 3-6
- Grades 7-8 can only be opened when the district changes to the “red” level
BCSD said it will continue to monitor local health updates and make changes accordingly.
All employees return to the work schedule