You Roof Repair Greenville
Is a Metal Roof Worth the Investment?
The price is not the only thing homeowners need to consider when looking for new roofing options. We have made it simple by breaking down all the pros and cons of a metal roofing system. This will allow you to see how much your dollar can stretch!
Advantages of Metal Roofs
- Metal panels are very durable. Metal roofs resist wind and weather extremes, which eliminates the possibility of losing shingles or tiles during storms.
- Metal roof systems are capable of providing fire safety. Metal roofing won't spark or feed flame-like other traditional roofing materials.
- Metal roofs reflect sunlight, which can mean lower energy usage for your home. The sun reflected from a roof can help keep your home cool during the summer months. This could result in a drop in your energy bills.
- Metal roofs can be one of the longest-lasting roofing systems. Metal roofs can last between 40 and 70 years with little maintenance.
- Metal can be customized to fit your dream home. There are many specialty metals available (e.g. copper, zinc, aluminum, etc.) As well as paint colors and finishes.
- Metal roofs have high resistance to erosion which is very important for coastal areas. Saltwater and sand can cause roofs to erode much faster in tropical climates than in dry climates.
- Metal is a specialty roof material that is more readily accessible than traditional roofing materials like shingles. Traditional building materials take longer lead times, so your project may be delayed if there is a shortage. Metal is faster to getting you started on your project than shingles.
Metal Roofing's Disadvantages
- Metal panels are a high-end material. It is expensive to hire a roofer who can install them with the right training and resources.
- If the roof is not well insulated, it can be noisy in storm events. Consider your insulation options before installing metal roofing on your home in a region that experiences more storms.
- Poor installation can lead to financial and other problems. This is due to factors like the expansion and contraction of metal panels. You should take extra care when searching for experienced roofers to install this type of roof.
While metal roofing does have its advantages and disadvantages, every home is unique. You can still reach our team to ask questions about metal roofs and other roofing options. Click below!
Greenville Roofing Masters
(252) 436 8250